MECS SERVICE - This service is for minor eye conditions service and this service will be replacing the Primary Eye-care Assessment and Referral Service (PEARS). It is a free service available from accredited opticians in Wolverhampton.
The MECS service is available as an alternative option to presenting at Accident & Emergency for the diagnosis and treatment of minor eye conditions. MECS can be accessed on a self-referral basis or alternatively your GP may refer you onto MECS if appropriate.
Recent eye conditions that can be treated by the service include:
• Red eye or eyelids
• Dry eye, gritty and uncomfortable eyes
• Irritation and inflammation of the eye
• Significant recent sticky discharge from the eye or watery eye
• Recently occurring or sudden increase of flashes and floaters
• Painful eye
• In-growing eyelashes
• Recent and sudden reduced vision
• Something in your eye
Please note this is not an eyesight test.
To find out more about this service click here. The website will be updated shortly to reflect the change from PEARS to MECS.