MECS SERVICE - This service is for minor eye conditions service and this service will be replacing the Primary Eye-care Assessment and Referral Service (PEARS). It is a free service available from accredited opticians in Wolverhampton.
The MECS service is available as an alternative option to presenting at Accident & Emergency for the diagnosis and treatment of minor eye conditions. MECS can be accessed on a self-referral basis or alternatively your GP may refer you onto MECS if appropriate.
Recent eye conditions that can be treated by the service include:
• Red eye or eyelids
• Dry eye, gritty and uncomfortable eyes
• Irritation and inflammation of the eye
• Significant recent sticky discharge from the eye or watery eye
• Recently occurring or sudden increase of flashes and floaters
• Painful eye
• In-growing eyelashes
• Recent and sudden reduced vision
• Something in your eye
Please note this is not an eyesight test.